The Zonta Club of Dunsborough
The Zonta Club of Dunsborough is a member of Zonta International, an organisation which is dedicated to empowering women through service and advocacy.
The Dunsborough club was chartered in 1991 and is part of Area 3 (Western Australia) and District 23 (Northern Territory, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria and Western Australia).
The club supports the ideals of Zonta by:
- Raising awareness in our local community about issues of gender equality
- Raising funds to support the education of local women and girls
- Distributing funds to local organisations and projects which support women
- Contributing one-third of our funds to Zonta International Service Projects and Zonta International Strategies to End Violence Against Women
- Providing Breast Care Cushions, Birthing Kits and Comfort Bags to women
- Providing respite Holidays to victims of domestic violence
We currently have 25 members and actively welcome new members.
Our Dinner and business meetings are held on the second Monday of the month (except January) at Caves House Hotel, Yallingup. Committee meetings are held during the following week at members’ homes, usually with a glass of wine and nibbles.
We are definitely a ‘doing’ club. While we do have guest speakers and we certainly have purely social events, our emphasis is on service and advocacy – helping other women.
Zonta International is a leading global service organisation of professionals empowering women worldwide through service and advocacy.
Zonta International envisions a world in which women’s rights are recognised as human rights and every woman is able to achieve her full potential.
In such a world, women have access to all resources and are represented in decision making positions on an equal basis with men.
In such a world, no woman lives in fear of violence.
Empowering Women Through Service and Advocacy
Zontians in District 23 (Northern Territory, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria and Western Australia) support a range of service projects and awards at the International, District and Club levels to help women in Australia and overseas.